Meet Your Colerain Orthodontist
Dr. Kevin J. Ison has been working in dentistry and orthodontics for over 30 years, and every day he feels lucky to have chosen orthodontics as a way of helping other people have a better life by giving them a beautiful smile they can be proud of forever. Throughout his career as an orthodontist, he has had the opportunity to build strong relationships with his patients. These relationships mean the most to him, and he enjoys the time he is able to share with his patients and their families.
Dr. Allison Jacobs is very excited to be part of an amazing team of skilled doctors and clinicians at Orthodontic Specialists.
She is dedicated to making sure each patient feels at home at the office and has the best experience with orthodontics while under her care. She loves to answer questions and keep patients informed about progress. She hopes to provide a lasting impact on patients and give them smiles that make them proud. Her goal is to makes sure each patient leaves happy and has a healthy, beautiful smile for a lifetime!
Why an Orthodontist in Colerain?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Our doctors continued their formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As orthodontists, they have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Colerain Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Colerain orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Colerain orthodontist's office every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Orthodontic Specialists is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Colerain area.