We are so excited to be open and see our patients again! In order to keep our patients and staff safe, we want to give you an update of our COVID-19 plan for your next visit. We are adhering to, and exceeding, all of the recommendations put forth by the CDC, ADA, AAO, and state legislature on top of our already very stringent infection control protocol. These protocols include:
- Only the patient may enter the office (exception will be for new patients who may be accompanied by one adult or patients with special needs).
- Everyone entering the office will be required to bring and wear their own mask (cloth masks are acceptable, and we will be unable to allow you to enter if a mask is not worn).
- There will be no waiting rooms for the foreseeable future. All patients must call when they arrive and wait in their cars. We will call you and meet you at the front door when we are ready for you.
- Anyone who has had symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or had contact with anyone who has, will be required to reschedule their appointment for 14 days after that contact took place or after symptoms have resolved.
- Everyone entering the building, staff and patients, will have their temperature taken and be screened along with the above questions. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or above will be asked to reschedule, as recommended by the CDC guidelines.
- Toothbrush station will be closed to avoid gathering, and patients will need to rinse with 1% Hydrogen peroxide prior to any procedures that may generate aerosol. We will provide this chairside.
- All “high touch” common areas have been eliminated. Doors will be propped open. We have removed the Keurig machines, magazines, and toys from our waiting rooms.
- All patients will be asked to use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the clinic area.
Thanks so much for your understanding during this difficult time with Covid-19, looking forward to seeing you soon!
- Your Team at Orthodontic Specialists